Error with Junit Plug-in Test

Hi all,

I am getting an exception when launching any Junit Plug-in Test. To discard errors in my code I created a test plugin project for the example node included in the SDK setup and named the project org.knime.example.node.test.

The single test in this project is just instantiating the node model:

package org.knime.example.node;

import org.junit.Test;

public class MyExampleNodeModelTest {

@Test
	public void test() throws Exception {
		new MyExampleNodeNodeModel();
	}
}

The manifest has dependencies to Junit and the example node:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Test
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.knime.example.node.test
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: org.knime.example.node.test.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.junit;bundle-version="4.12.0",
 org.knime.example.node;bundle-version="1.0.0"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8
Automatic-Module-Name: org.knime.example.node.test
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

I am using the target file KNIME-AP.target and Eclipse Oxygen.3a (4.7.3a). This target includes the KNIME Testing Framework. If I remember correctly last year I did run some plugin tests. Maybe it is an error of the Eclipse release?

trace.txt (9.5 KB)

Lots of thanks,
Miguel

I have never seen such an error before. JUnit Plug-in test are working perfectly fine in 4.7.3. Since this isn’t related to KNIME in any sense you may get some answers in the Eclipse forums.

That AbstractMethodError definitely rings a bell. I guess I had that issue too recently (caused by updating Eclipse … something I will probably never try again). I can have a look at my fix sometime during next week. Remind me if I should forget.

– Philipp

Hi. I tried today again with Eclipse Mars and Neon and got a diferent error of missing org.eclipse.jetty.http.