Installation broken – Un- and reinstall won't work

Hi,

I’ve encountered an issue where I can#t properly install Palladian. It was installed and working before but all of a sudden it’s not. I’ve deinstalled, restarted and reinstalled Palladian but it’s not listed in the community nodes repository section, even if it’s installed. Opening a workflow with a httpreceiver node throws an error that it’s not found …

Kind regards
Mike

I am not aware of any Palladian-specific issues.

However, I’ve seen several posts here on the forum recently about “disappearing nodes” in current KNIME versions in general. I’d suggest to have a look in the “General” subforum about this issue.

Best,
Philipp

Good morning Phillip,

I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t find something of help. Though, I forgot to check the console and noticed some potential explanations of the issue I face:

Checking the details of Palladian I get this exception stack trace:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: ws.palladian.nodes.extraction.location.source.geonames [1292]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: ws.palladian.nodes; bundle-version="[1.6.0,2.0.0)"
-> Bundle-SymbolicName: ws.palladian.nodes; bundle-version=“1.7.0.v201807041014”; singleton:=“true”
ws.palladian.nodes [1291]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.knime.ext.textprocessing; bundle-version="[3.3.1,4.0.0)"
-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.knime.ext.textprocessing; bundle-version=“3.6.1.v201808311938”; singleton:=“true”
org.knime.ext.textprocessing [1020]
Bundle was not resolved because of a uses contraint violation.
org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.knime.ext.textprocessing [osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“3.6.1.v201808311938”; osgi.identity=“org.knime.ext.textprocessing”; singleton:=“true”] because it is exposed to package ‘org.slf4j’ from resources org.slf4j.api [osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“1.7.2.v20121108-1250”; osgi.identity=“org.slf4j.api”] and slf4j.api [osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“1.7.13”; osgi.identity=“slf4j.api”] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.knime.ext.textprocessing [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.6.1.v201808311938"; osgi.identity="org.knime.ext.textprocessing"; singleton:="true"]
    require: (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.slf4j.api)(&(bundle-version>=1.7.2)(!(bundle-version>=2.0.0))))
     |
    provide: osgi.wiring.bundle: org.slf4j.api
  org.slf4j.api [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.7.2.v20121108-1250"; osgi.identity="org.slf4j.api"]

Chain 2:
  org.knime.ext.textprocessing [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.6.1.v201808311938"; osgi.identity="org.knime.ext.textprocessing"; singleton:="true"]
    require: (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=uk.ac.cam.ch.wwmm.oscar.4-chemnamedict)(&(bundle-version>=4.2.2)(!(bundle-version>=5.0.0))))
     |
    provide: osgi.wiring.bundle; bundle-version:Version="4.2.2"; osgi.wiring.bundle="uk.ac.cam.ch.wwmm.oscar.4-chemnamedict"
  uk.ac.cam.ch.wwmm.oscar.4-chemnamedict [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="4.2.2"; osgi.identity="uk.ac.cam.ch.wwmm.oscar.4-chemnamedict"]
    import: (osgi.wiring.package=org.slf4j)
     |
    export: osgi.wiring.package: org.slf4j
  slf4j.api [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.7.13"; osgi.identity="slf4j.api"]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

And this session data
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_152
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/mw/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -data file:/Users/mw/Documents/Knime-Workspace/ -keyring /Users/mw/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Trying to resolve the errors with eclipse in the meantime. Hope that helps you. Much appreciate your support.

Update: I’ve uninstalled some extensions also “complained” about by Knime which caused it to not start at all. Hence, I decided to do a fresh install. Whilst Knime throwed another exception even by installing it from scratch Palladian was able to been installed. Seems something with Eclipse does not work well …

Kind regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

I think these issues are all related, beside, there are some troubleshooting tips given:

As the Palladian nodes have a dependency on the Text Processing nodes, I’d look there first.

Hope that helps!

– Philipp

Hi Philipp,

thanks for the cross references. While reinstalling from scratch it seems a general exception is thrown which I reported Java exception in fresh installation

For the time being, as Palladian runs now like a charm again with a fresh install, I’d suggest to wait for the other bugs to been fixed. Or you “close” it as it#s nearly obvious that’s not caused by Palladian. In any case, much appreciate your support :slight_smile:

Cheers
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.