KNIME 3.7 Hangs in Windows 10

Knime Hang Issue.log (807.0 KB)

Hi,

I have a work flow with a Group By Loop. KNIME hangs on me when I try to run all the nodes at once.

But when I run all the nodes before the End Loop Node, no problems. Following that then I run the End Loop node, it runs fine.

I have allocated 10 GB of RAM and my file sizes are only 650Mb. Using task manager when the processing runs, only about 5GB memory is used.

On a separate workflow with bigger file sizes, it hangs entirely and cannot work even with the trick I employed above. Is there some experts that can help me fix this ?

Thanks !

Hi - this has been brought up in other threads; there will be a fix in 3.7.1, or you can download a nightly, or you can patch it yourself - please see Workflow Freeze

Thanks ! Installed the editor and now it is working perfectly !

Great news!

There’s a second, similar, bug that people have also reported in Windows which happens when working with annotations in workflows that have a fair number of nodes and/or annotations. I’ve made a patch jar which encompasses both the looping fix and the annotation fix; the thread post about that is here: Workflow freeze & graphics problems with KNIME 3.7

The nightly builds will start containing that fix likely the first week in January.

(Just FYI in case you start seeing the annotations related freeze.)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.