Knime REST Worflow for Chem integration

Hi,

Is it possible to create a workflow that can assist me in uploading a SD file from UI? (The upload workflow will called from UI using REST call)

Is it possible to provide the input details through REST call fom UI which inturn will trigger the workflow (and it takes the input provided in UI using REST call)?

Thanks,
Shiva

Hi Shiva,

Could you elaborate on your use case a bit more, please?
Would you like to upload SD file using KNIME WebPortal or KNIME Analytics Platform? Should this SD file be used for the REST call? Would you like to call an existing API via REST or are you trying to use the REST interface of KNIME Server?

Best,
Daria

Hi Daria,

Can you please let me know what is a Knime WebPortal?

Requirement -

I want to build a UI where users will upload SD files. The SD files uploaded should be used as an input by the Knime workflow to process and send me a link of updated sd file to download the same in the UI.

Thanks,
Shiva

Hi Shiva,

KNIME WebPortal is an extension to KNIME Server. Here is the link to KNIME Server product sheet. KNIME WebPortal provides a web interface that lists all accessible workflows, allows to execute them, and to investigate the results. It also allows customers to use Guided Analytics applications developed in KNIME Analytics Platform.

This example workflow and the linked white paper give a good overview of KNIME WebPortal
https://www.knime.com/nodeguide/applications/datacleaning-webportal/webportal

Best,
Daria

Hi Daria,

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to create a upload functionality for a SD file in Knime web portal and then process the same?

Thanks,
Shiva

Hi Shiva,

You can upload file in KNIME WebPortal using File Upload Quickform node (available in Node Repository under Workflow Control > Quickforms > Input ). Make sure to encapsulate it in the Wrapped Metanode. Then you can connect it to SD Reader node via Flow variable ports and use further cheminformatics nodes.
Here is the link to the video that introduces different quickform nodescreation of Composite views

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Daria

1 Like

Thanks a lot Daria. The video really helps.

Best,
Shiva

1 Like

You are welcome!
Daria

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.