Type II SCD in KNIME

Has anyone ever tried to implement Kimball’s type II slowly changing dimension in KNIME? If yes, how?

1 Like

HI Denis,

you might want to have a look at the pygrametl package and try to use it withtin a Python Script node.

Best,
Anna

The new Database Merge node might be of help here, currently in preview, part of 3.6.0 Database Integrations extension.
It allows to do an UPSERT on a table.

Also looking for such a node like there is in SSIS not having to add some Do It Yourself stuff.

Interested in the same topic. Any updates? I’m currently trying to create a type 6 SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions).

I have done some work trying to get SCD2 functionality. I has not been easy specially when changes are made to the dimension attribute (lots of things to track and align). Back in 2010 I used the SCD component for SSIS from Todd McDermid wishing something similar exist in KNIME.

1 Like

If you don’t mind please share your workflow ?

Hello there,

found bottom workflow on Hub regarding SCD. Maybe helps:

Welcome to KNIME Community @nhbadza!

Br,
Ivna

Thanks a lot let me check it out

I took a look at what you just shared, but I’m struggling to understand how it works
Please enlighten me ?

Hello @nhbadza,

haven’t looked in details but seems to me it’s updating table based on new data while adding valid to/from and status columns. Is there any specific node/part that is troubling you? You can always comment/ask question on workflow itself on KNIME Hub. I just advise to tag workflow creator as otherwise don’t think notification is sent.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like