Save Workflow without data

Hi @ all,

is there a possibility to save a workflow without data? We are running out ouf memory in our company and don´t need that the workflow is saved every time with all its data.
One of my workflow is doing a multiple calculation and by saving it, it need nearly 50 GB.

So if anyone has a solution for me i woul appreciate if you can share your solution. :grinning:

Thanks
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

there are two “Don’t Save” nodes which disable saving for nodes in between them:

Best regards,
Philipp

2 Likes

Thanks for your help @qqilihq.

Do i have to download a extension for these nodes?

Best regards,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

according to NodePit (see section “Installation” on the description pages linked above), these are included in the “KNIME Image Processing” plugin. The installation URL is provided there as well, if it’s not yet configured by default.

By the way: If you have the NodePit Plugin installed, you can search for nodes, workflows, and extension directly within KNIME and install these with a single click, without having to copy and paste URLs or scrolling through long lists. Highly recommended! :slight_smile:

Best,
Philipp

1 Like

Thanks for that.

I will test these nodes with my workflow and give as soon as possible a feedback if it works or not. I´m very confident that it should work.

Best regards,
Christopher

Hello @Christopher_Lozano,

how do you run your workflows? Wondering why simply you don’t close it without saving if possible…

Br,
Ivan

Hello @ipazin,

I currently adapt the workflow, make some changes on it and want the “new” changes i made to be saved. My favourtive would be to save the workflow without data.

regards
Christopher

Hello @Christopher_Lozano,

but then after you apply new changes reset workflow and save? Or I’m missing something?

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin

Have to test it, if workflow saves even faster with you suggestion. Will shortly give some response.

Thanks
Br,
Christopher

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.