Install Elastich Search nodes on Knime Server from command line

Dear All,

we are trying to add the elastic search extension (Elasticsearch Reader — NodePit) on our Knime Server.

Since we don’t have graphical access to the server, we are using the knime executable as explained in the server admin guide. Here the command we used:
./knime -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -nosplash -consolelog -r 'https://download.nodepit.com/elasticsearch/4.3' -i me.danielesser.knime.elasticsearch.feature.feature.group -d /home/knime/knime_server

This command gives us an error due to missing requirements:
!MESSAGE Missing requirement: Elasticsearch Nodes 1.1.0.202004201728 (me.danielesser.knime.elasticsearch.plugin 1.1.0.202004201728) requires 'osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.core.runtime 0.0.0' but it could not be found
Here the complete log: 1611250463327.log (1.8 KB)

Where can these requirements be downloaded? Has anyone faced the same problem?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Christian

Hi @csantoni

it looks like home/knime/knime_server is wrong, this should be the path to the executor installation directory. Can you check this?

(Here is the documentation link, for everyone else searching: KNIME Server Administration Guide )

1 Like

Hey @csantoni,

Thanks @Iris. Is the -d parameter required at all? I can’t remember I have ever used it when installing nodes via terminal (<= Server 4.10). @csantoni please either remove the parameter or specify it properly and give it another try. Happy to get your feedback.

If this does not help, please drop me a message at mail@danielesser.me and we could try this with a more recent developer build of the ElasticSearch Nodes.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi @Iris and @danielesser,
thank you so much for the quick reply!

Yes, we were using the wrong path. The correct one was home/knime/knime_server/knime_executor and in this way the installation is successful!

Christian

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.