Spell Checker Nodes don't work in Knime 4.4

The Spell checker nodes installed in knime 4.4 don’t work, but are throwing this error:

ERROR Spell Checker: Create Rules 0:2976:2897:2872 Configure failed (NoClassDefFoundError): Could not initialize class org.languagetool.Languages

anyone an idea on how to solve this?

best

Matthias

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We have not yet updated these for KNIME 4.4, but we’ll keep this thread updated once this is the case!

1 Like

This is fixed. Latest version 1.2.0 works fine with KNIME 4.4. And also brings some new languages and improved rules.

4 Likes

Hi, I have a problem installing the spell checker node, I get this error:
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=KNIMEProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,de.philippkatz.knime.spellchecker.feature,1.2.0.202110071827
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,de.philippkatz.knime.spellchecker.plugin,1.2.0.202110071827

Wow I dont think this node existed when I first started using KNIME. What a nice addition!

1 Like

Did you add the proper update site URL?

NodePit is already installed successfully, the URL I use is https://download.nodepit.com/spellchecker/4.5, which I add to available software updates from the preferences window on Knime. And then add the spell checker extension for installation from the Install Knime Extensions window.

I tried to install it again today, seems like its installing now

Superb! :+1:

Click here for one option if downloading from update site fails …

And, as a last resort if downloading via update site fails, there’s always the possibility to download a ZIP package – generally I’d discourage this, as you’ll lose the option to auto-update the nodes: