Location Extractor/Source type isnt available

Good day dears,
I dont understand why I can not put geonames.org link in Location Extractor/Source type isnt available.
Im using KNIME first time. Can you help me, please?

Is the “Geonames Location Source for Palladian Nodes” plugin installed? You can check in the “About” dialog under the “Plug-ins” tab:

Hello @qqilihq Thank you for the prompt reply. No it’s not installed. But I don’t understand why, if I already downloaded palladian/4.6

Not sure either. I’d recommend to uninstall it once, and then re-install it again. Alternatively you can look into starting KNIME with the “clean” parameter. The forum has several posts about it and it might help.

Let me know how it works!

1 Like

Good day dear @qqilihq I re-install KNIME and now it works, I can add geonames.
Thank you so much for help!!!

But I got another problem - node "Google address geocoder" doesn’t show an address from coordinates. I have created Google Maps API key but still doesn’t show any result.

Hi Bostanzhi,

good to hear that it’s working. I do not really have an explanation why the location source plugin was missing, but sometimes KNIME resp. Eclipse stands on shaky grounds. Good that the reinstallation fixed it.

Can you enable the DEBUG log output in the preferences and check if the “Console” view gives any additional error details?

You might also want to have want look at the following suggestions: javascript - geocode return REQUEST_DENIED - Stack Overflow

And as a last resort: There’s another geocoder node included in Palladian:

Hope this helps!

–Philipp

Good day dear @qqilihq Thank you one more time for your prompt answer.

1. I did everithing according to this instruction, but situation the same.
    “You might also want to have want look at the following suggestions: javascript - geocode return REQUEST_DENIED - Stack Overflow

2. MapQuest Geocoder I don’t need, I have already all geo coordinates, I need extracted names of states, cities, zip codes

3. I will try one more time to create APIs.

Thank you soooooooo much!

Ah, then maybe this one can also help:

Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.