File Handling/SSH - /users/CustomerData folder not found

I am setting up a workflow to connect to SFTP directory and grab a file. When I setup my SFTP credentials and test the connection, the connection fails with the message “Cannot connect to folder /users/CustomerData” I cannot find anywhere in the node to change the working directory for the SFTP connection.

Hi there!

Have you managed to connect and get the file? If not can you successfully connect with a another SFTP client and access the file? You can not change the working directory. It is automatically set…

Br,
Ivan

Yes, I can connect with Knime. However, I can’t control where the file is being deposited in the SFTP server. I have to be able to connect and pull the file from the root directory. So that clearly understand, even after I successfully connect to the SFTP server /user/CustomerData, I cannot change directories to where the file is and download?

Hi there!

Did you try using Download node? That node is for downloading files from server and in it you can chose location/file.

Similar there is Upload node for uploading files to a server.

You are automatically at location /user/CustomerData/ as it is your home folder for user with whom you are connecting :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

That worked! Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Glad it works now :slight_smile:
Ivan