store a local file directory into a variable

I need to get user input to specify which folder/ directory ( which allows users to select a directory from their computer like file chooser) that the output file from R needs to be put into. Is there a particular node or combination of nodes that allows this?

Sounds like

node.

1 Like

Hi there @dg1,

welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Would you like to have something like Local File Browser Configuration node but only for directories?

Br,
Ivan

I basically need instead of file upload a directory upload just so I can get the path of the directory in a flow variable

Hi there @dg1,

there is File Chooser Widget/Configuration node which allow to chose files, workflows and/or directories. If you are planning to use this workflow on WebPortal go with File Chooser Widget node.

FileChooser

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

I have the same question as @dg1, and a node “Local Directory Browser Configuration” would be the best solution. Is there a way to have the same result with other currently available node?

Thanks, Lionel

Hi there @lcollia,

sry for a late response. Not sure I’m following. Why File Chooser isn’t good enough? Also with Local Directory Browser Configuration you can choose directory as well…

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.