Using Configuration as a label in reports

Hi,
I wonder if I can use a string configuration as a text label in a report. In my example, I’m setting the country code for the workflow in a String Configuration node and I want to use the value as a text in the report later. Is this possible? Or is there a smarter way to handle country codes (drop down in the report?)

Hi @pfmd86 and welcome to the KNIME community forum,

May I ask for further explanation? What report are you working on? Is it a BIRT report? Where and how exactly are you going to use the country codes? How are you catching these codes?

Please describe your case a bit more. Thanks.

:blush:

Hi armingrudd,

right now, I am uising a String Configuration Node where I put the string in (1).
Another thing I think about is pulling the values from the table and group them (2) to feed the Value Selection Configuration Node (3).
And yes, it’s a BIRT. I’m very new to Knime, so thank you for the patience.

If I’m getting you right, you could convert the variable to a data table row and pass it to the Data to Report node and use it in BIRT. To do that you can use the Variable to Table Row node.

:blush:

3 Likes

That works! Perfect, thank you! I didn’t know this node!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.