Computing the mode

I am new to Knime and I was creating my first workflow. I am reading a table from an SQLite db and computing basic statistics on a numeric column of data. My workflow has exactly 4 nodes: SQLite Connector(Legacy), Database Reader (legacy), Table View, and Statistics. My first question is whether this is the best way to do this simple task? Second is how to compute the mode of the column(s) as the Statistics node does not seem to include mode. Thanks for any help in getting me started.

Hi ihf,

This can be done with the Group By node which has a “Mode” aggregation function. I’ve uploaded an example workflow to my NodePit space for you which demonstrates the usage:

Regarding your first question: I’m no expert here and have no first-hands experience, but the keyword “Legacy” suggests, that you’re still using old versions of the nodes which have been superseded by new ones. If you look e.g. at the SQLite Connector (legacy) node documentation it says:

This node is part of the legacy database framework. For more information on how to migrate to the new database framework see the migration section of the database documentation.

Hope this helps!
Philipp

1 Like

Thank you very much @qqilihq. That worked well. I clearly have some reading and experimenting to do in order to make effective use of Knime. May I also ask how would I count the number of instances of the mode (i.e., the number of appearances of the most common value)?

Hi,
You can do this using the Value Counter node.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.