Where / How to obtain a component content SVG Image?

Dear all

An SVG image of a workflow is available at the root level of every workflow directory with name “workflow.svg”. This is a very nice feature ! My questions is :

Is it somewhere available in the workflow the same kind of SVG image for the content of every component in a workflow ? Alternatively, is there a way to generate it using for instance a node inside the component once the component is executed ?

Many thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Best regards

Ael

Dear KNIME Team Members & Knimers

May be my question was not clear enough … :thinking:

Is there anything equivalent to the “workflow.svg” image for components in a workflow ?

Alternatively, is there any node already available in KNIME that generates this kind of image for a workflow or component once executed ?

Many thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Best regards,

Ael

Hi; Maybe they will give you an idea or help you create a solution.

https://www.knime.com/screenshots

Hi there @aworker,

sry for a delayed answer. What you can do is go inside Component (works for Metanodes as well) and with File --> Export SVG… get same kind of SVG image as for workflow. Now seems to me there is no option to have svg automatically created for each Component inside workflow. Will check a bit more and get back to you.

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Hi @ipazin
Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. So easy ! However, it would be nice if this option could be implemented :

1. as a KNIME node that one could place for instance inside a component, or even better,
  2. as a feature inside any component output,

so that when one of these two are executed, then a snapshot of the state of the component in SVG format is saved somewhere defined in these node settings.

The reason I’m suggesting this is that such a feature would help a lot to automatize the writing of articles or blogs containing KNIME workflows/components images (instead of having to gather the svg images one by one manually).

In somehow this could be the starting point of a collection of nodes in view to automatically writing blogs generated at the same time as the workflow is run but this is more ambitious :wink: !

Thanks again & looking forward for your complementary answer if there are extra options :slight_smile:

Best regards

Ael

2 Likes

Hi @aworker

I like your suggestion:

For me it be would be great to use this to save the “solution path” of a workflow.

Best Regards
Knimer

1 Like

Hi @k_n_i_m_e_r

Thanks for supporting this feature request :grinning:!

I hope it will be implemented soon in a next KNIME release. It should not be so complicated :wink:

Best regards,

Ael

Hi there @k_n_i_m_e_r!

Have added +1 on it. (Internal reference: AP-4712)

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.