Scorer and row visualization

Dear,

I have a table with real/predicted values. I am using the Scorer (Javascript) node to look at the confusion matrix.

I am searching a way to visualize easily (in a single interactive view from a component), at the rows of each cell of the confusion matrix. ie I click on a cell and on a linked Table View node the corresponding row are shown.

I tried to use the Heatmap node but you can select only the full row (not a cell), and more importantly I am using a Pivoting node to generate the data to fill the Heatmap node, and thus I cannot come back to the initial row visualization (the flow of the selection in the interactive view is cut by the Pivoting node).

I could aggregate the real and predicted columns, and thus I am able to select an aggregated label and look at the row with this aggregated label, but it is not very efficient.

Is there a better way to look at rows by selecting a cell in a table (scorer, heatmap, other) where each cell represent a group of rows?

Thanks,
Lionel

1 Like

Hi @lcollia

Did you check the Binary Classifcation Inspector node?
gr. Hans

1 Like

Hi Hans,

Thanks for pointing to this node.

I just updated Knime to try this node, but I have some problems opening the interactive view (some pb with plotly.js lib).

In all cases, what I understand is that I could select in the interactive view a row in the confusion matrix and then obtain the corresponding rows in the output port (where I could add a Table View).
However, my problem is on multi and not binary classification… The same for multiple classes could be very useful.

Lionel

Ah ok.

You can add an Unpivoting node to the top right output from a scorer node. Then you are able to filter row(s) (Rule Based Row Filter); the output is the input for the Reference Row Filter.
Knipsel .
Hope this brings you closer to the solution.

gr. Hans

Hi Hans,

Unfortunately this will not work because, in the interactive View of the Scorer, you cannot select a cell of the confusion matrix and obtain in the output only the row corresponding of the selected cell.

In fact I would like one step further interactivity in the Scorer node :slight_smile:

Lionel

1 Like

Hi @lcollia

I created a Confusion Matrix, with the Tile View node; and combined some logic in a component. See this workflow scorer-and-row-visualization.knwf (53.7 KB)

5 Likes

Hi Hans,

Many thanks. If I add a Table View node after the Rule-based Row filter, this is pretty close to what i am looking for. Except that when I do a selection of a tile, the row in the Table View is not updated.

On my side I did something like that:

The column aggregator allow you to create a column with “actual-predicted” label, and then in your interactive view you have an interactive filter based on the aggregated column and the Table View that will update each time you select another label on the interactive filter.
It is not ideal but at least I have in the same Interactive View, the confusion matrix AND the possibility to view all rows corresponding to a cell of the matrix.

Cheers,
Lionel

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.