AbstractOpenReportAction error

I get the following error message on the console:
ERROR AbstractOpenReportAction Error while trying to open report for file:/D:/work/programs/kNime/eclipse_knime_2.1.0/runtime-New_configuration/Cristel%20data%20preprocessing

Any idea of what this means?

Thanks,

Bernd

Not really. Do you have more information (stack traces) in the log file?

I believe this would be the relevant part from the log file:

2010-01-14 09:51:02,984 DEBUG main AbstractOpenReportAction : Error while trying to open report for file:/D:/work/programs/kNime/eclipse_knime_2.1.0/runtime-New_configuration/Cristel%20data%20preprocessing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:479)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1191)
at com.knime.reporting.designer.actions.AbstractOpenReportAction.run(AbstractOpenReportAction.java:62)
at com.knime.reporting.designer.actions.EditReportContextMenuAction.run(EditReportContextMenuAction.java:71)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.knime.product.rcp.KNIMEApplication.start(KNIMEApplication.java:112)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.knime.workbench.ui.navigator.ProjectWorkflowMap.registerClientTo(Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IPath;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at com.knime.reporting.designer.util.KnimeReportHandle.initializeFrom(KnimeReportHandle.java:266)
at com.knime.reporting.designer.actions.OpenReportRunnable.run(OpenReportRunnable.java:76)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
… 35 more

Reads like if there is a incompatibility between the KNIME Reporting and KNIME Desktop version:
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.knime.workbench.ui.navigator.ProjectWorkflowMap.registerClientTo(Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime

Are you using the latest (v2.1.1) KNIME Desktop plugins?

I just did an update and am now at v2.1.1.
I have one problem with the installation:

Cannot complete the request. See the details.
Unsatisfied dependency: [org.knime.features.neighborgram.feature.group 2.1.1.0023926] requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.knime.distmatrix/0.0.0
Unsatisfied dependency: [org.knime.exp.neighborgrams 2.1.1.0023926] requiredCapability: osgi.bundle/org.knime.distmatrix/0.0.0
Unsatisfied dependency: [org.knime.features.neighborgram.feature.group 2.1.1.0023926] requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.knime.distmatrix/0.0.0
Unsatisfied dependency: [org.knime.features.neighborgram.feature.group 2.1.1.0023926] requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.knime.exp.neighborgrams/[2.1.1.0023926,2.1.1.0023926]
Unsatisfied dependency: [org.knime.exp.neighborgrams 2.1.1.0023926] requiredCapability: osgi.bundle/org.knime.distmatrix/0.0.0

I am still getting the same error. I am currently developing a simpler test sample…
but so far (having tested a couple of simplified versions) I still get the same error message…

somehow it still says in the configuration details:

org.knime.features.base (2.1.0.0023372) "KNIME Konstanz Information Miner"
org.knime.features.ext.md (2.1.1.0023926) "RuleViewer-Node extension for KNIME"
org.knime.features.ext.textprocessing (2.1.1.0023926) "KNIME Textprocessing Plug-in"
org.knime.features.ext.webservice.client (2.1.1.0023926) "KNIME WebService Client Node"
org.knime.features.ext.webservice.client.ppilot (2.1.1.0023926) "KNIME Pipeline Pilot WebService Connector"
org.knime.features.wizard (2.1.1.0023926) “KNIME Workbench Extensions”

com.knime.reporting.designer (2.1.1.0023926) “KNIME Report Designer” [Active]
com.knime.reporting.nodes (2.1.1.0023926) “KNIME Reporting Nodes” [Active]

Is there a way to update base as well?

I think I found the problem. somehow the update site for knime wasn’t selected under manage update sites… Updating at the moment… Will let you know once done…
B

You need to update the whole KNIME product by selecting the “Installed Software” tab and the right-clicking on the KNIME entry and selecting Update. You should not try to update via the “Available Software” tab, that may lead to the error message you posted above. That is unfortunately an issue with Eclipse since 3.4 that we have to live with.

surprise, surprise… it works now… Thanks for the help!!!

B