Access Token

Hi,

I am using the REST API through an authentification with an access token (JSESSIONID). If no error, this token is specific to one user at one time. If you reconnect, the token is different.
Is it correct? If yes, is it possible to generate fix access token that will be valid for a long term, and not linked to a specific user?
(I want to execute workflows from an other application).

Thanks in advance,
Lionel

Hi,

unfortunately I’m currently not aware that you can specify the time this token is valid, however, this is possible with a JWT as can be seen in our KNIME Server Administration Guide.
The access tokens have to be bound to a specific user as this is used to check the permissions on everything on the server.

Cheers,
Moritz

Hi @moritz.heine,

Thanks for your answer. My question was not very clear (sorry). We are already using the JWT. thanks for the ink toward the parameter of the lifetime of the token. This raised for me a second question:

Is it possible to control the lifetime of a JWT in function of user group? For example, 1d for a group of users, and 365d for another group of very specific users?

Thanks,
Lionel

Hi,

this is unfortunately not possible.

Cheers,
Moritz

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.