Accessing CSV in Google Drive with URL

Hi everyone,

I’m fairly new to Knime and I apologize if this question was asked before, but I couldn’t find an answer.
I’m looking to read a CSV or XLS files stored on Google Drive.
I would like to access the files via a URL since the workflow could be run by different machines.

I am assuming that an authentication process will be required since the files are not public.
What would be the best method to access these files? Would a REST service using Google API work?

Thanks!

Hi,

Maybe this can help you:

:blush:

1 Like

Hi @david_tran

did you give our google sheet integration a try?
In theory it is constructed to directly read the google sheet files, but maybe this works for csv as well.

You can find an example how to use it from @ScottF here

https://hub.knime.com/knime/space/Examples/01_Data_Access/01_Common_Type_Files/08_Google_Sheet-meets-Excel

Best, Iris

1 Like

Thanks armingrudd for your suggestion.I would preferred a solution that doesn’t require permanent storage. Would there be a solution where Knime would read the CSV with a URL and temporarily store in the local machine?

Ideally, I’d like Knime to simply read the files each time we run the flow. I am trying to figure out how to configure the authentication part though. :thinking:

Thanks!

You can follow this approach:

This way you can connect to Google Drive and download the files, read and delete the files on local machine after reading them.

Is that what you need?

:blush:

1 Like

Hi there @david_tran,

Yes. Use Create Temp Dir node. Download CSV there and check option to delete directory when the node is reset or the workflow is closed :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.