Add "read" sheet protection to Excel file

Hi @mlauber71,

sorry, I dont want to have two sheets in the same workbook. I want to have the sheet in workbook 1 (sheet1) replaced by the sheet in workbook2 (sheet2) (both have the same name for the sake of replacing it) and then apply the worksheet protection. We could also say that we could append the data of sheet2 to the data in sheet1 (with sheet1 being a blank sheet).
I agree, that I could do the replacement part with the Excel Writer node and then apply the worksheet protection with the code in Python you provided. But trust me when I say that this is the only way that I can get everything I need for my use case. Maybe you have read my other post about having issues with formatting an Excel sheet and append it to a preformatted Excel file.

Formatting fails due to error “The input file already contains formatting styles” - KNIME Analytics Platform - KNIME Community Forum

The problem I explained in that post actually leads to the fact that I would need this workaround in Python as described to get it all done in my workflow, as mentioned already above.

Thanks!

BR,

Tim