Add Table to R - R cannot be initialized. R Home is invalid

Hi,

I am trying to do something phainomenically really simple! To read a table from Knime to R. I use the "add table to R" mode. But I am getting the following message.

R cannot be initialized. R Home is invalid.

I have the path -> C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.ext.r3.bin.win32.x86_3.0.3.v201508240951\R-Inst

I go to FILE>PREFERENCES>KNIME>R> Path to R Home>I copy this, right?

C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.ext.r3.bin.win32.x86_3.0.3.v201508240951\R-Inst

And then I go to FILE>PREFERENCES>KNIME>R scripting, and I copy this, right?

C:\Program Files\R\R-3.4.0\

Then I take "add table to R" or "table to R" node. What script I need to run inside to get the table in R?

I am quiet new to R.

Hi 11atzitzi,

Please find below some useful information to connect R and KNIME.

In order for KNIME to run R commands on a local installation of R, it needs to know where the R installation is on the machine. The default path to the R installation is configured from the KNIME Preferences page (“File” -> “Preferences”->“KNIME”-> “R”. Then, you would need to click the “Browse” button and select the R installation directory.

Please, install also the following packages:

install.packages('Rserve')
install.packages('Cairo')

Hope that helps,

Best,

Vincenzo

1 Like

To add on this:

if you use the Table to R node you can use the one that is already available in the R Script editor, available in the configuration of the Table to R node, i.e. rframe <- knime.in

Best,

Vincenzo

Thank you! I had the same problem and was able to run the script with the information you provided

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.