Adding multiple constant value columns where the constant values come from a reference table after data aggregation

Hi all,

I’m searching for an easy and efficient way to add multiple constant value columns to an existing table, where the constant values come from a reference table. This reference table contains aggregated statistics values obtained using the GroupBy Node.
Now, I would like to add these statistics values for the respective groups as constant values within the first table.
My general approach would be to use the Table Row to Variable Loop with Row Filter Node and Constant Value Column Node. However, in this case I’d have to add and configure several Constant Value Column Nodes, one for each statistical aggregation. I have generated > 20 statistical aggregation columns in the reference table, therefore I’d be happy for a more handy and efficent approach.

I’d highly appreciate your support and ideas.
If the request is not clear, please just let me know so that I can share a screenshot.
Many thanks in advance!

Hello @Ramona,

and welcome to KNIME community!

Think an input table, reference table and desired output would help to better understand your problem, avoid users guessing and provide better ideas/solutions. Dummy data is just fine :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Thanks a lot for your quick reply @ipazin.
I’ve attached some dummy data as xlsx-file.
You’ll find the structure of the input, reference and desired output table in the respective excel sheets.
I hope this helps to clarify the request?

DummyData.xlsx (15.8 KB)

Hello @Ramona,

sure it does. And solution is pretty simple. Perform join (inner should be sufficient) based on Article # column using Joiner (Labs) node :wink:

Give it a try and if any questions/issues feel free to ask.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin,
that was a very simple solution indeed and it was exactly what I was looking for - it worked out perfectly!
I wasn’t aware that Joiner Node also creates Constant Value Columns - good to know :wink:
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Ramona,

glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.