Alert on 2 columns

Hi all, I would like to do a comparison between 2 columns (out of different files). They should contain the same values. I’ve used the column filter and duplicate row nodes, and I think I need to use a outer join (?) to see if there is a value in the primary column which isn’t in the reference column.
But is there a possibility that if there is a unique value, that Knime opens a file, but if the 2 columns are the same, it won’t open?

I hope I explained it correctly, I am not at my computer, so unfortunately I cannot share a flow at the moment.

Thanks!
Sander

@Sander_vdv,

Don’t really understand the problem in detail but to find differences between two tables that should have the same structure this node might help you https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/02_ETL_Data_Manipulation/04_Transformation/05_TableDifference_Finder

Best,
Mark

Hi @Sander_vdv,

The Reference Row filter node followed by an empty table switch could be a solution if you consider the following as “same values”

Table 1
Col1
A
A
B
C

Table 2
Col2
C
C
B
A

Both tables have the same values in their columns - just not in the same quantity or order.
Would you consider this as same value? :thinking:

maybe an example would help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.