ARIMA Learner Always Throw Java heap space Error

Hello Community!

I have fairly new to Knime, and I was playing with the ARIMA extension as I would like to use it to predict sales. I have Microsoft’s AdventureWorkDW2012 Database as my data set. AdventureWorkDW2012 has a table called FactInternetSales which has about 60k Records; it has many columns, however, I only choose:

1- SalesAmount
2- OrderDate

Now I set the ARIMA learner’s Column Containing univariate time serious variable to SalesAmount

and everytime I try to run it, it gives the same error and you should know that I have a 32GB RAM in which 30GB is allocated for knime.

Your help is really appreciated!

It creates matrices with similar size during training for some of the training algorithms, so 60000*60000(*8 bytes) is quite a lot (around 28GB if I am not mistaken). You can try other algorithm (after restart)/parameters, but probably it worth significant downsampling (keeping only most recent few hundred for example or selecting 1% randomly/evenly) first.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I see, and I tried it; however, it gives same value for all feature values… Anyway, can you please tell me where to find a detailed example about sales forecasting I have been searching for few days now, and I only could find two examples.

Thanks!

I am also getting similar error while executing ARIMA node. I had provided 1GB of Heap size. Still same issue. Is there any pre-requisite to run ARIMA extension.

Hi @alururavindrababu!

Sry for a late response and welcome to the KNIME community!

What error do you get? Where have you assigned 1GB? Memory allocated for KNIME is defined in knime.ini file in installation directory.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear Ivan, yes in Knime.ini file I have updated. I will place again the error screen shot later.

Thanks and Regards
Ravindra Babu Aluru

1 Like