Automatic retrieve new date range

Hi all,

I’m quite new to Knime and got some problem recently. I have a source file, this file is an accumulated file from 10 years ago, Every month, I need to filter out the equipment used in the previous month by filtering the date say 1-May-2021 to 31-May-2021 by the “date and time based row filter”, and next month 1-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021 and so on. Is there any possible way to automatic generate the correct month in order to generate a report automatically?

Hello @catcat,

Sure it is. Here is workflow I did some time ago that calculates first and last date of previous month based on current one. Does that help?

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Dear Ivan,

Sorry for the late reply, i got a few days annual leave. Yes, the workflow fits my problem, it is excellent. But I do not know how to do one step further.

Originally, I use Date and Time based row filter to filter out the rows manually (e.g. start date= 1 May and end date = 31 May). Now, with your solution, a table of all dates in the previous month is generated. How can i set up the workflow to make it able to filter out the date as reference from the table generated by your solution?

1 Like

Dear Ivan,

I did it successfully by reference row filter. Problem fixed, thanks a lot for your great help :smiley:

1 Like

Glad to hear that @catcat.
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.