Automatically open Interactive View while workflow execution

I have a workflow with a component at the end which creates a dashboard. I would like to open this Interactive View of the last component automatically when I start the process with “shift + F7”.

Is it somehow possible?

Hello @KNIMICO,

welcome to KNIME Community!

There is no setting for this one. But instead of “Shift + F7” you can do following. Select your Component and then click “Shift + F10” which will Execute and Open Component View .

Br,
Ivan

Hello @ipazin ,
Is it possible to enter the SHIFT+F10 command in the workflow by a Node or a script so that Open Component View takes place automatically?

greetings

Ps. https://forum.knime.com/t/start-a-workflow-e-g-a-database-query-after-a-certain-time/30287/49

Hello @USCHUKN1ME,

not that I know of. Although probably some Java code would be able to do such an action…

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin ,

“Although probably some Java code would be able to do such an action…”
I am not a JAVA expert, how could such a code look like and with which
node can it be integrated into the KNIME workflow?

Greetings

Hello @USCHUKN1ME,

me neither. Maybe someone else jumps in with solution/idea

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello @ipazin,

a step further:

My son create yesterday a Component which intercepts via a JAVA script the keyboard inputs, like e. g. ctrl+shift+esc and executes.

Press-Key-Coponent SITISCHU 2

Example - opening the task-manager of windows

However, I don’t know if I can run the component in my Wokflow with Execute and Open Views.

But I find the component so interesting, maybe it is not yet available in
the KNIME toolbox?

Greetings

1 Like

Hello @USCHUKN1ME,

as said I don’t know much about these things but you can try finding out how to kick of Eclipse (KNIME is based on it) shortcut (“Shift + F10” in this case) with Java code…

Br,
Ivan

Hello @ipazin with the created metanode it is possible to generate any key code. :slightly_smiling_face:
But if this can solve my problem I have to try it out first.

Greetings

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.