Automating a workflow with Python Nodes

Hi,
I’m trying to set up a workflow to run once a week using SchTasks in Windows. The workflow works fine from the desktop application, but when I try to run it as a scheduled task, it fails. I added -consoleLog -noexit to the task .bat file, and the error I am getting refers to the Python installation test - “Could not find python executable at the given location: python3.”
I have a number of python nodes, which all run fine when I run the workflow from the desktop application.
Do I need to add the path to python.exe somewhere to the task .bat file or is there something else I need to check/do?

Are you specify a preferences file in your .bat? If not, try exporting the preferences from your desktop application where you’ve configured your Python paths and then referencing that preferences file in your .bat

1 Like

Hi,
No, I haven’t specified the preferences in the .bat file. What is the syntax to reference the preferences in the .bat file? I have exported the preferences as an .epf file. Thanks

Here is the FAQ: https://www.knime.com/faq#q12

1 Like

great, thank you! that worked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.