About two days ago a workflow (WF) I’ve run for weeks without issue now appears to cause KNIME to lock-up/freeze. I have made changes to the WF in the last few weeks, but no changes to the metanode where the freezing seems to occur and nothing seemingly major has changed immediately prior to the freezing. I can’t think of anything of note that I updated/changed on my computer and I don’t know what else to try for trouble-shooting, so here I am…
The part of the WF where things always seems to freeze is the metanode that has 8 AutoML modules in it (no changes to this node at all in at least a week). They all seem to go into an infinite loop and not even a force quit or trying to kill KNIME via command line works, so I have to reboot.
I’ve completely uninstalled/reinstalled KNIME. I also removed and re-added all the AutoML nodes from the website earlier today. The primary metanode that the 8 AutoMLs roll up to is a loop (see screenshots below). When I go through the loop step-by-step everything seems to run fine (I’ve tried manually doing that for 3 loops), but when I do the same thing with normal (non-step-by-step), it locks up in the first loop (try).
On a different community thread I read about Windows Defender causing problems, so I added (I think) exceptions to BitDefender to ignore the KNIME paths. My BitDefender controls WD, so not sure I can do anything further. And I’ve never had a problem with this before. Earlier today, I also uninstalled Anaconda as it seemed unnecessary and, well, who knows?! I did re-build the Python environments afterwards. Switching between Keras and TensorFlow doesn’t seem to impact anything.
I don’t know if it happens every time, but I have noticed a few times where Python shows as a process under KNIME in the Task Manager when the freezing occurs. I can’t force quit that either.
Attached are logs from after the reinstall earlier today. A1 and A2 are split for size. There are probably a few examples in there of locking up… any time there is a 10-ish minute break, there is a decent chance I had to reboot.
KnimeB1… is where I think it locked up at one point and I rebooted.
knimeB.log (2.1 MB)
Log file from KNIME/.metadata (I renamed it from .log to log.log so it could upload):
Log.log (145.5 KB)
The highest level of the WF:
One step down into where I think the problem is:
Happy to answer any questions. And thanks for the help.