AWSNodes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kni.me/w/nwBZPBQi4InEQDmi

Is there any KNIME node for “AWS Comprehend Medical” -mainly for entity extraction?

Hi @sbarkakati1 -

Currently there isn’t a node for AWS Comprehend Medical.

Thanks Scott. Is it something you plan to make it available near future or no plan as such?

Thanks,
Santanu

Currently we don’t have plans, but I can let our developers know that you are interested! Your feedback is very useful to us, so we can appropriately prioritize features for upcoming release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Since KNIME doesn’t have AWS Comprehend Medical node, I was trying to use Python nodes (Python Source/ Python Snippet) in conjunction with Boto3 library, but script throws error while trying to “import boto3” in the python node. Error message: No module named ‘boto3’

My python script works outside KNIME, but when I wanted to build a python node in KNIME it can’t find boto3 library.

Can you please assist.
Thanks,
Santanu

Are you using a separate python environment outside KNIME? We typically recommend that you use Anaconda to manage your environment, and it sounds like you just need to add the boto3 package to whatever environment KNIME knows about. You can do this using the conda add command from the command line, for example.

Thank you. I was using Anaconda. I point to the right python conda environment (root) and its working!

1 Like