Batch execution of a KNIME archive

Hi!

Our current KNIME workflow is we have one developer improving/changing a group of workflows on a desktop version of KNIME, and then exporting them as knar archive to a fileserver. The users grab the knar file import it into their local workspace and run the workflows as batch via a Windows CMD script.

The import part in case of an update of the workflows is a bit annoying. Is it possible to batch run the knar directly? Or to import and run it from the command line?

Hi @MSchmidt,

not sure if this is your question.
But in the KNIME FAQs you can find:
"in order to run a workflow, name “Knime_project.zip” exported as an .zip file, execute in one line:

1 knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowFile= "PATH_TO_FILE/Knime_project.zip"
"
I guess that should work with .knar as well (in earlier versions this was just .zip (.knar is still a zip but i think they just renamed the ending for association reasons)

https://www.knime.com/faq

*also from experience I can actually recommand using a knime server instead of batch mode /sharing workflows through a file exchange if you are using more that a bit of both as a team.
Made our life a whole lot easier after the switch :+1:

2 Likes

I’d love to use knime server, but for the two workflows we’re using 20 times a year I would get budget approval. I’m still in the evangelist phase with KNIME at my corporation.

And yes, I had forgotten that besides workflowDir there is workflowFile. Sadly my archive contains multiple workflows because my master workflow calls subordinates by call workflow, but workflowFile expects a single directory in the archive also containing a knime.workflow file.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.