Batch File Execution

Hi.

I'm facing a problem with the execution of a batch file that have several commands, two of them, KNIME commands, to execute two workflows.

The structure of my batch file is the following:

call C:/Users/dri/Desktop/Batch_Files_IVD/polio_0001_execution.bat PolioNationalLab_IPAFR2011_06wk4 && call C:/Users/dri/Desktop/Batch_Files_IVD/polio_0001_json_execution.bat && java -jar C:/Users/dri/Documents/Eclipse/Workspace/WebSubmit/src/JSON_Submit.jar

When it executes the first one, KNIME execution opens a new window that shows all the flow control.

The problem is when the execution finishes the window do not close and the execution do not proceed to the next command.

Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks in advance.

Joana Dias

We currently don't have a solution for this problem, but are aware of this problem. Sorry, we somehow rely on Windows and need to understand the internals.

Hi Gabriel, thanks for responding. Could you please advise on the best way to overcome this?

Also, could we have an estimate of when will it be fixed?

Hi, I looked into that, but I can't figure out what you mean by "KNIME execution opens a new window that shows all the flow control". I have created a simple example without flow variables and credentials which runs using call test.bat && call test.bat without any problems. Can you please try to boil down the problem so that we can investigate the root of this issue.

I also struggled to get the machine to return to 'normal' and finally achieved it with these two steps:

This code is in a bat file run by the Win8.1 Task Scheduler at 04:45, and takes 22 seconds to run

Rem note that the RIDsForPoles in the code below is the directory name ie the location
"C:\Program Files\KNIME\KNIME\340Update\knime.exe" -noexit -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -workflowDir="C:\Users\Myfolder\knime-workspace\RIDsForPoles"
exit

Also note the non use of the '-consoleLog' and the inclusion of the '--launcher.suppressErrors' in the above.

This following code is in a bat file run by the Win8.1 Task Scheduler at 04:47

echo off
taskkill /IM cmd.exe /F
taskkill /IM conhost.exe /F

The outcome is Data processed as per KNIME, and the visible windows are all closed ie no cmd or 'error 2' (etc) windows are left displayed.
For a dual requirement ie a second one to follow the first one, I would run a complete separate second one at 04:49, with the second taskkill batch file at 04:51.

I hope this helps others.