Binary Objects to Files produces unreadble xls and docx files

I was hoping to use the Call Local Workflow (which calls a BIRT report containing images and tables) followed by the Binary Objects to write this report in excel or even word file. But while pdf works other formats do not.

Hello @iankruger,

welcome to KNIME Community!

What do you mean by other formats don’t work? Node fails or? Can you share workflow example?

Br,
Ivan

HI
I mean the node is able to produce a readable pdf that follows the design I was doing in reporter, but not readable xls or docx files. The workflow I was testing out was the 01_Generate_a_Report_and_Save_the_File example except I called a workflow that produced a image and a table

Hello @iankruger,

just tried out and see report in .docx normally. Did you change to .docx extensions in both Call Local Workflow (Row Based) and Binary Objects to Files node? Can you share workflow example? If data is confidential replace it with some dummy.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

No I didn’t, how embarrassing. All good now. Many thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello @iankruger,

worse overlooks happen. Glad we figured it out :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

Could I suggest that a note to “check that the extensions in both Call Local Workflow (Row Based) and Binary Objects to Files node are the same” to be added to the 01_Generate_a_Report_and_Save_the_File example?

Hello @iankruger,

suggestion accepted. See here: https://kni.me/w/otrQnFWuB99HdbML

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.