birt report can not display image(svg) contain Chinese character

Hi, all,:grinning:
I can use svg image which export by “image to Report” node with type expression(“image/svg+xml”) setting in birt image config.

But when my image contain Chinese characters it fails.

If I still use the type expression(“image/svg+xml”) , the report throw error below

If I use the type expression(“image/svg+xml;charset=utf-8”) , the report not throw error, but display nothing.

What can I do next? Thanks!

svg_chinese_character_render_err.knwf (58.5 KB)

Can you tell me which OS and which version of KNIME Analytics Platform you are using?

Win 10, KNIME Analytics Platform v3.5.3.v201804031105

So, you imply that it is OK in other OS?

No, I was just wondering because I can not reproduce this although I’ve got the same OS and KNIME versions.

I think this issue does not result from your encoding settings, but rather from a problem in your font mapping. There are quite a few issues with chinese characters in BIRT (especially when they are embedded in images). This link might help you to fix your font mappings: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/209058/

Thanks, Marten_Pfannenschmidt,

After a quick view of the link and research the problem, I suppose the solution maybe in ‘fontsConfig.xml’ or the font in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\lib\fonts\.

But I can not make it works. Well, I’ll leave the problem here and use Chart component in BIRT instead of use image directly for now.

Reference: