Bitvector Generator node bug

Hi,

In this node, when you choose "Kind of String Representation", selecting BIT gives a HEX output, and selecting HEX gives a BIT output.

Seems some mixup in the node programming!

Simon.

Hi,

I notice this bug still exists in 2.5.4.

Simon.

Hi Simon, sorry I must have missed this one in the forum. I will open a bug report for 2.5.5 Thanks for pointing this out, again. Cheers, Thomas

Hi Simon, I am still struggling with this problem which seems just of the question of the renderer for this vector data type; the default here is always HEX. I have tested it on 2.5.4 - can you please comment on that again, sorry.

Hi,

In KNIME 2.5.4 (and earlier versions),

So if you take a string column of say 0 and 1's using the Table Creator (i.e. 01010101 in one cell, and 00000101 in another cell etc), then connect Bitvector Generator node.

In the node choose "Parse bitvectors from string (one column)". By default the kind of bitvector generation is selected as BIT as default. When you run the node, the output is actually HEX.

If in the node you change the dropdown to HEX, then when you look at the node output it is actually in BIT format.

Does this make sense ?

Simon.

Thanks, Simon. I was actually also confused about the output. However, we believe it's correct. The "Kind of string representation" refers to the INPUT type, which can be interpreted as a HEX, BIT or ID - the output is always HEX, but you can change the renderer in the view to Bit string or Bit scratch. In your case it's strange, because 01010101 (HEX INPUT) generates the same output in HEX (even with the leading 0's). We discussed this shortly and might want to introduce a suffix 0x to denote a HEX string explicitly.