BitVector generator node

Hello,

As my last question about the "Column sorting" node, I have the same problem with BitVector Generator. The number of columns used to create the bit vector can change depending of the input, and can also have different names.

This does not allow an "autonomous" use of the workflow as I have to set it by hand at each differet input.

I've seen that the node propose to check a box "Select all search hits" but this do not help to fixe the problem.

Is there any alternative ?

Regards

Deuterium

Hi Deuterium,

we have just release KNIME 2.10 which comes with the new "Create Bit Vector" node. This node replaces the "BitVector Generator" node and provides much more functionality to create a bit vector from nominal, numerical or collection values. For nominal and numerical values it allows you to select the columns to include based on a wildcard/regular expression which might solve your problem with changing columns.

Bye,

Tobias

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for your answer, this is exactly what I needed.

Best regards

Deuterium

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for your answer, this is exactly what I needed.

Best regards

Deuterium

Apologies for the thread necro, but I think it'd be useful if you could specify regular expressions or whatever to auto-select columns with this node to generate bitvectors from.  I currently cannot see this functionality.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

the new "Create Bit Vector" node, which was introduced in KNIME 2.10, allows you to select the columns based on a wildcard or regular expression by selecting the Wildcard/Regex Selection option in the multiple columns section.

Bye,

Tobias

Tobias,

Ah, my mistake.  Thanks I'll check that out :)

Ed.