Bug: Amazon DynamoDB Put Item: Value mapping disappears

Hi,

When I configure the Amazon DynamoDB Put Item node and save it, the node executes fine but when I open the configuration window again even before execution, the value mapping is lost and I have to reconfigure the node.

For now, I’m using flow variables to configure the node so I don’t have to reconfigure the node every time.

:blush:

1 Like

Hello,
thanks for reporting this issue and by providing a workaround :slight_smile:
I have created a ticket (internal reference AP-15291) for this.
Bye
Tobias

3 Likes

Hello,
I tried to reproduce the problem but couldn’t. This is the node settings that I tried and that did work also after re-opening the workflow:

Could you provide me with an example workflow or some screenshots that show in more detail the problem that you are facing.
Thanks
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Don’t add any expression and just add value mapping: Type: column, Value: the column name in the input table. When I add columns like this, the node works fine but when I open the node, the configuration is gone. Then if I don’t change anything and click cancel, the node still works fine. So it’s not displaying the configuration although they are set. And this is the same issue with the other Dynamo nodes.

1 Like

Hi,
I still couldn’t reproduce the problem with KNIME 4.2.3. I configured the node as shown below and I could close the workflow and also KNIME and reopen the workflow again and all the value mapping is still in place:

Also the value mapping is only applied to the condition expression so I do not see a reason why you add a value mapping with an empty condition expression.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

Yes, with using placeholders this issue doesn’t happen. Still you lose type and value if you write the placeholder and click OK without pressing enter or selecting anything else.
I’m using this node instead of batch put to write selected columns. Maybe I’m misusing the node?
Thank you for taking the time to investigate this issue.

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for your help in improving KNIME Analytics Platform.
I could reproduce the problem that you loose type and value if you click ok right after adding them to the table :slight_smile:
I will create a ticket for this problem to have it fixed.
Thanks
Tobias

3 Likes