Bug: Create Date&Time Range

Hi,

1- In “Ending Point” section of the configuration, When output type is on “date&time with time zone”, the “Use execution date&time” option is checked and some value is assigned to “Interval”, switching between “fixed” and “variable” mode results in having “interval” and “end” options as radio in “variable” mode. Although it has no effect and both options are available and applied, having them as radio options may somehow mislead beginners.

2- Selecting “date&time with time zone” as output type + switching to “Variable” mode + assigning some value to “Interval” option + checking “Use execution date&time” in “Ending Point” section will keep time zone option enabled when changing output type to something else which then prevents applying settings with a warning message.

:blush:

3 Likes

Hi @armingrudd,
Thank you for reporting this. I will open a ticket immediately!
Kind regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

This node is still a mess.
I wanted:
Just set start and end date, and obtain a full calendar between those dates.
I have:
Entered start and end date, there’s a 1000 rows “Fixed” num. of rows (Mode) selection. Guess what - duplicates in the joiner after that (cuz I need to join those dates with a data set).
Let’s try “Variable” (idk why it’s not “Varying” but anyway). Example shows:
Examples for ISO-8601 (date-based duration): •“P2Y” parses as “+2 years”
Okay, let’s try this! Result: single row.

I know I can put specifics here in terms of dates and periods, but my point is how UNintuitive this node actually is. And it should be that way with any KNIME node. :slight_smile:
Dates and times are important for working with transactional and statistical data, so I hope to see it updated in a meaningful way soon.

Hello @deicide_bg,

Don’t find node to be messy, more a careful description reading needed. Otherwise can be tricky…

So just set start and end date, choose variable instead of fixed number of rows and in Interval define 1d.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I appreciate this and applied it!
Still, I think it’s not intuitive enough. E.g. this “Interval” setting should be a selection of type of interval (days, months) and value, like this one:

2 Likes

Hello @deicide_bg,

probably I got used to it but I agree. Something like Date&Time Shift node has. Will open up feature request. (Internal reference: AP-15472)

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.