with both version 4.5.2 and 4.6 the CSV Writer and reader nodes cause some issues we only managed to figure out and reproduce now.
- CSV Writer: Quotes getting doubled up
- CSV Writer: Hidden null “<0x00>” character added if no Quote Escape Char is set
- CSV Writer: Encoding changes to binary if no Quote Escape Char is set
- CSV Reader: Quotes getting removed despite keep quotes is set
Issue no. 1: Doubling up quotes
Albeit not quite a bug I’d rather expect an escape like as \". The real problem here is that the CSV data gets altered to an extend which can break the CSV structure. In combination with issue no. 4 “Quotes getting removed despite keep quotes is set”, I was played a fool by Knime until I opened the data in an editor of my choice.
Issue no. 2: “<0x00>” character added if no Quote Escape Char is set
- Remove Escape Quote Char from CSV Writer and save data
- Read the data and copy & paste into Sublime
Issue no. 3: Encoding changes to binary
file -I /Knime-Workspace/Knime\ Forum\ Support/Bugs/CSV\ Writer\ Escape\ Quote\ Issue/data/knimetemp-47dac2b27c0149d5/CSV-Default.csv /Knime-Workspace/Knime Forum Support/Bugs/CSV Writer Escape Quote Issue/data/knimetemp-47dac2b27c0149d5/CSV-Default.csv: text/plain; charset=us-ascii file -I /Knime-Workspace/Knime\ Forum\ Support/Bugs/CSV\ Writer\ Escape\ Quote\ Issue/data/knimetemp-47dac2b27c0149d5/CSV-No-Escape-Quote.csv /Knime-Workspace/Knime Forum Support/Bugs/CSV Writer Escape Quote Issue/data/knimetemp-47dac2b27c0149d5/CSV-No-Escape-Quote.csv: application/octet-stream; charset=binary
Issue no. 4: CSV Reader Removes Quotes despite “Keep Quotes” enabled
Please see the screenshot displayed at issue no. 1