Bug in workflow annotations for RTL languages

When I want to create an annotation using my native language (Persian/Farsi) which is a RTL language:
If the first letter of the text is in Persian, the second letter becomes EN but then the rest of the text goes in Persian (without changing keyboard manually).
If the first letter of the text is in EN, the language always switches to EN after typing each letter.
I tested this issue on another RTL language and the same results came out.

1 Like

Hi @armingrudd,

Which OS are you using? I was not able to reproduce the problem on both Mac and Windows.

Does it happen only in KNIME? Could you please check if it happens in any editor and also check your system preferences?

Best,
Anna

I’m using windows 10 64 bit.
I don’t have such a problem in any other application.
If you need more detailed information tell me what info and how to provide it.

Hi @armingrudd,

Could you please check your system settings another time please? I was not able to reproduce this behaviour on Windows 10 64 bits unfortunately and also we have never heard about the problem from our users in the countries with RTL languages.

Best,
Anna

Would you please give me an email address so that I can send you a screenshot of system settings and a video showing how the error occurs?

Hi @armingrudd,

Sure, it would be very helpful!

I wrote you my email in a PM.

Best,
Anna

I have the same problem.
Besides when the language on my keyboard is FA (Persian) and I’m going to write in annotation, it automatically changes to EN!

Hi,

@armingrudd, I’ve got the video with your demo of the problem, thank you!

@amineh_ngv, what system do you use?

@armingrudd, @amineh_ngv, are you using KNIME 3.6? Could you please confirm that it worked as expected at KNIME 3.5?

Thank you.

Best,
Anna

Hi,

Yes.

The same problem occurs in KNIME 3.5.3.

Hi @armingrudd,

Thank you for the update.

Could you please try on KNIME 3.4.2? You can download the installation file from here.

Best,
Anna

Hi Anna,

The same problem for KNIME 3.4.2.

Armin

Hi @armingrudd,

The problem might occur because your system language is set to Persian. Unfortunately for now I can’t offer you any other solution than typing in an editor and pasting the text to the annotation when you have to input mixed (language-wise) text.

Best,
Anna

1 Like

Hi,
The system language is set to EN.
Thank you anyway. Yes we may do so.
Best,
Armin

And just to let you know, I have tested the problem on several machines. All had the same problem.

Hi @armingrudd,

Thank you for the update!

Best,
Anna

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.