bug: x-axis in conditional box plots displayed reverse in Firefox

I use a very simple attached workflow served by KNIME server with values for the x-axis like ‘2021-01’ and ‘2021-12’: the sorting is reverse (descending) in the conditional box plot in Firefox that I consider wrong. It is ascending in KNIMEs integrated Chrome browser and Edge (based on Chromium).
I have added screenshots to this post.

I have not tested other (JavaScript) Plots, maybe the bug occurs in other places.

Firefox:

Edge:

bug1.knwf (13.1 KB)

Hi @spider,

this is presumably due to a different implementation of the javascript-sort function in chrome vs firefox :woman_shrugging: The view should be displayed the same, though, and I opened up a ticket for that (internal reference: AP-17509).

Thanks for reporting, that’s very much appreciated!
Best, Lukas

2 Likes

Are there any news? This bug still exists in AP 5.1.2 and Firefox 120. I find this bug quite dangerous and shoud be easy to fix.

What is the status of AP-17509 then?

I have not found other bugs concerning (recent) Firefox.

But the question is if it is a bug of KNIME or Firefox. I cannot tackle it since I do not know what the exaxt problem is and I cannot show the bug directly to the Firefox guys since the dataapps are not usable without a login.

So, hope that you fix it in KNIME or write a bug report the Firefox.

Hi @spider ,

we had this put down as a quirk of Firefox on our end and did not implement any changes in KNIME.

However, I agree that the result is rather confusing and a possible source of errors. I’ll see whether we can take another look at this.

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

Thanks, maybe you know what the problem is and write a smal bug report for Firefox.