Cache input data structure in node for configuration ?

Hello,

Just wondering if there’s a way to cache the structure of input data in a node, so that if we reset the previous nodes we could still configure it or alter its configuration ?

Running a full workflow just to modify a single parameter somewhere is not a handy way of dealing with data, especially when the datasets are heavy. Now of course I can use a table creator to temporarily fake an input, but on lengthy workflows I don’t always remember the output structure of the previous node

Hello @mpranchere,

I see you point. There are couple of ways/comments that come to my mind that can address this:

• use flow variables to control configuration of nodes you change frequently
  • have some small dummy data at beginning of workflow whose processing won’t take much time
  • in fact some nodes already can be configured when previous node is in state reset as table specification is forwared

Hope this helps!

Br,
Ivan

maybe writing a sample to disc and use this as the input for the node/s you want to change. Beside this Ivans Solutions are probably the ones to go with right now

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.