CAD_CAM File

Hallo everyone , 

I want to make a Work flow that read and visualize a CAD file. but i could not find any sutabile node that can read a CAD file . Should i make a new node ( i am new with Knime , i have no idea how to do it ) or there is no need for that . i am waiting to her from you and thanks in advance.

Best Redgards

Tony

I'm not aware of any native reader node you could use for a CAD file. Could you try exporting your CAD file as XML instead? 

Thanks swebb for your answer. i did not work before with Autocad . and i have no idea how we could export an CAD file as XML. could you please give me more info how to do this. thanx in advance.

tony

i just have an CAD file and want to read it in some way through knime.

Does this help?

Best,
Ferry

Thanks Ferry for your Answer. I already saw this site. but i dont have an Autocad program. Ijust have CAd file that i download  from internet and i want to find a way to read it through knime with out convert it . may be creating a new node is an option but i have no experience at knime .thanx again

Tony

What is the exact file extension? Then I could have a look at it.

the CAD file extension is .stl

You could use this converter to convert your stl-files to either the ASCII based stl-format or the much better, XML-based AMF-format. I have not tested this website, but they seem to do an awesome job.

Best.
Ferry

thanks ferry.abt . but that did not worked with me . i am trying now to create a new node to read this type of files . but i want to look into the source code of some exsisting nodes . could u help me with this !. thanks in advance

tony

Hello Tony,

Have a look at the KNIME Developer Guide to get all the information you need to write a new node.

Best,
Ferry