Call Workflow (Table Based) - Problems with pushing flow variables in KNIME versions 4.4.1 and 4.4.o

Hi,

I created a simple workflow in KNIME version 4.4.1 (and for testing also in version 4.4.0) that uses the "Call Worklfow (“Table Based)” node in the parent workflow and “Container Input (Table)” and “Container Input (Variable)” nodes in the child workflow.

Sending a table from the parent to the child works fine but when including the “Container Input (Variable)” in the child workflow the workflow executes with an error:

ERROR Call Workflow (Table Based) 12:3 credentials: Value must not be an array!
ERROR Call Workflow (Table Based) 12:3 Execute failed: variable-input: credentials: Value must not be an array!

In the “Advanced settings” configuration of the Call Workflow (Table Based) node one can see that the “Push flow credentials to:” field is populated instead of the expected “Push flow variables to:” field. Icannot change this manually. I think this is causing the error.

KNIME 4.4.1 - Parent:

KNIME 4.4.1 - Child:

Workflows (KNIME 4.4.1):
KNIME_project_parent.knwf (10.2 KB)
KNIME_project_child.knwf (7.2 KB)

The same in KNIME 4.4.0.

I created the same workflow with the same nodes in KNIME 4.3.4 and everything works fine including the population of the correct fields in the “Call Workflow (Table Based)” node.

KNIME 4.3.4 - Parent:

Maybe someone has a solution and can help me.

Many thanks

A.

Hello @Anjo,

this is a bug that was fixed with KNIME version 4.4.2.

If you can’t update workaround is to use Container Input (Variable) (deprecated) node (per user in linked topic).

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin,

I missed that post. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.