Calling multiple time a workflow

Dear all,
I’ve made a main workflow where I call in a loop with a call workflow node, a second workflow. The first call execute the secondary node and, at the second call, when the called workflow seem ‘green’ that’s to say executed, the secondary workflow is not executed. Why?

Hi there @petrimax,

not sure I understand but after workflow is called by another workflow and executed it will be in same state when it was saved. If that doesn’t help maybe provide a printscreen or example workflow so we can figure out what is troubling you.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear Ivan, here you find an image the calling workflow with a loop and the called workflow that only one time is executed and after it is ‘green’.
I need to reset the exectution, after each calling but I don’t know if it is possible in Knime (no node with this name).
Thanks a lot,
Massimiliano

Hi there @petrimax,

Found it. See following topic for more info:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Read the documentation of Call Local workflow:

Note that the workflow you are calling must not be opened in an editor in your workbench and that the workflow can not be executed in parallel. This means that multiple Call Local Workflow nodes using the same called workflow will execute sequentially.

On top of that the child workflows need to be reset. So if you reset the child workflows, then close all of them in the editor you can call your parent as often as you want and it will work as expected.

Again they must be reset and closed before calling them.