Can same Workflow be executable by cmd by number users

Hi,

I have made a workflow which has number of workflow variables.

I want to know whether different users can send different parameters to workflow at the same time and get the output they want.

PS. database table where output is to be dumped is also variable(user specific)

Regards,

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

yes this is possible with the KNIME Server. 

Do you already have a server running?

Best, Iris 

Hi Iris,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have KNIME server as of now.

Is there any way to work this without KNME Server?

Regards,

Nikhil Mane

Hi Nikhil,

what you can do is using workflow variables. The User will be asked to insert those parameters into the workflow every time they open the workflow. 

Workflow variable you can define by right-clicking on the workflow and select Workflow Variables in the context dialog. You than need to assign the parameters to the variables.

Best, Iris 

Hi Iris,

I am already using workflow variables by the way you have suggested.

The problem is when I call workflow by two CMDs using with different variable values at the same time, one of execution says "Workflow is locked by other Knime instance" and workflow did not execute successfully while other CMD call runs successfully.

Regards,

Nikhil

can you  paste your batch query? 

User1 input:

<p>&quot;C:\knime_3.3.1\knime.exe&quot; -nosave -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=&quot;D:\Knime Workflows\Altiostar_UseCase01&quot; -workflow.variable=Var,&quot;time to 256KB bytes in downlink&quot;,String -workflow.variable=<strong>UC01type,&quot;Per X Bytes</strong>&quot;,String -workflow.variable=DestinationIP,&quot;216.58.201.177&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Startdate,&quot;2017-03-24&quot;,String -workflow.variable=StartTime,&quot;05:30:00&quot;,String -workflow.variable=EndDate,&quot;2017-03-24&quot;,String -workflow.variable=EndTime,&quot;12:00:00&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Protocol,&quot;TCP&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Modulation,&quot;64QAM&quot;,String</p>

<p>User2 Input:</p>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:502pt">
			<tbody>
				<tr>
					<td style="height:120.0pt; width:502pt">
					<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:502pt">
						<tbody>
							<tr>
								<td style="height:120.0pt; width:502pt">
								<p>&quot;C:\knime_3.3.1\knime.exe&quot; -nosave -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -reset -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=&quot;D:\Knime Workflows\Altiostar_UseCase01&quot; -workflow.variable=Var,&quot;time to 256KB bytes in downlink&quot;,String -workflow.variable=<strong>UC01type</strong>,&quot;<strong>Per Destination IP</strong>&quot;,String -workflow.variable=DestinationIP,&quot;216.58.201.177&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Startdate,&quot;2017-03-24&quot;,String -workflow.variable=StartTime,&quot;05:30:00&quot;,String -workflow.variable=EndDate,&quot;2017-03-24&quot;,String -workflow.variable=EndTime,&quot;12:00:00&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Protocol,&quot;TCP&quot;,String -workflow.variable=Modulation,&quot;64QAM&quot;,String</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>There is case switch which will execute different tasks according to <strong>UC01type</strong>.</p>

<p>When both users execute&nbsp;it at the same time, I need to have output accordingly.</p>

<p>These batch queries run fine individually but fail when run at same time. One of query says-&quot;Workflow is locked by other Knime&nbsp;instance&quot; while other runs successfully.</p>
								</td>
							</tr>
						</tbody>
					</table>
					</td>
				</tr>
			</tbody>
		</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
</tbody>

Any  Suggestions?

You cannot use/execute the same workflow in two different KNIME instances. What you could do, is save the workflow as a zip/knwf file and provide it on the command line. Then both processes will extract the workflow into a temporary location and not interfere with each other.

1 Like

Thanks a ton thor !! It's working great ...

A post was split to a new topic: Collect Data from Users with Web App

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.