Cannot Install Knime extension on MacOS

Hey,

I would like to install this node External Tool — NodePit, so I tried to install the requiered Extension.

After installing I get following error.

>     An error occurred while configuring the installed items
session context was:(profile=KNIMEProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Configure, operand=null --> [R]org.knime.product.macosx.configure 4.0.2.1569353893982, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CopyAction).
I/O Error while copying /private/var/folders/tr/7b3yxv1d4xlc_s8w9yxkxf4db0xcgv/T/AppTranslocation/35FC9BEB-3D6A-4EA1-9449-A0A6BB77732E/d/KNIME 4.0.2.app/Contents/Eclipse/Info.plist - see details.
Source: /private/var/folders/tr/7b3yxv1d4xlc_s8w9yxkxf4db0xcgv/T/AppTranslocation/35FC9BEB-3D6A-4EA1-9449-A0A6BB77732E/d/KNIME 4.0.2.app/Contents/Eclipse/Info.plistdoes not exists

I use macOS 10.14.3 and KNIE 4.0.2. KNIME Analytics Plattform was downloaded as .dmg and installed on /Users/myuser/knime-workspace as I do not have admin rights on my Mac. (I could ask for password input, but I was not asked yet during the installation)

What can I do?
Thanks in advance!
Philipp

When you say “installed on /Users/…” - do you mean you copied the KNIME application from the .dmg to that /Users/... directory?

Exactly. After opening the .dmg, I copied the application in /users/

Perhaps it has to do with the App Translocation… with KNIME no longer running, open a terminal window and cd into the directory with the KNIME .app then do:

xattr -rc KNIME\ 4.0.2.app/

Then run KNIME again and attempt the extension installation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.