Cannot use Scatter Plot: Chrome driver was not initialized Problem

Hi! I was trying to use scatter plot and get following error. Searhed for a solution in the forum and tried all suggestions. Checked for Chrome.exe in following directory and it was working fine. …\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.ext.chromium.bin.win32.x86_78.0.3904.87\win32\x86
Here is my current preferences and received error message. I would be glad if anyone can help me with this problem.

ERROR Scatter Plot 2:7 Retrieving image from view failed: Error retrieving image: Chrome driver was not initialized. Could not retrieve image.
ERROR ChromeWizardNodeView Could not initialize Chrome driver. Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.
Build info: version: ‘3.12.0’, revision: ‘7c6e0b3’, time: ‘2018-05-08T15:15:03.216Z’
System info: host: os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_202’
Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver
ERROR ChromeWizardNodeView The interactive view cannot be opened for the following reason: Could not initialize Chrome driver. Check log for more details.

The browser can be configured in Preferences -> KNIME -> JavaScript Views

Hi @cseozlem and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the trouble. Can you verify that you’ve disabled any antivirus programs, and tried switching to alternate browsers as shown in your screenshot above? If neither of those work, is it possible that you’re on a corporate laptop with Windows policies that would prevent launching background processes?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.