Can't save workflow

I’ve got the same error “Unable to write directory” on Knime 4.2.0 after opened it and edited in. The log says:

2020-09-04 09:07:28,460 : ERROR : ModalContext :  : InplaceSaveRunnable :  :  : Could not save workflow to Workflow_Teams - this exception will be re-thrown as an Inter
ruptedException.
java.io.IOException: Cannot write to port directory /u01/app/knime_workspace/Workflows_Teams/Workflow_Teams/JOIN (#67)/Joiner (#9)/port_1
        at org.knime.core.node.FileNodePersistor.savePorts(FileNodePersistor.java:1245)
        at org.knime.core.node.FileNodePersistor.save(FileNodePersistor.java:1201)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileNativeNodeContainerPersistor.save(FileNativeNodeContainerPersistor.java:518)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileSingleNodeContainerPersistor.save(FileSingleNodeContainerPersistor.java:598)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.saveNodeContainer(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:2175)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.saveContent(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:1930)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.save(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:1844)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.saveNodeContainer(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:2173)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.saveContent(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:1930)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.FileWorkflowPersistor.save(FileWorkflowPersistor.java:1844)
        at org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowManager.save(WorkflowManager.java:8670)
        at org.knime.workbench.editor2.InplaceSaveRunnable.save(InplaceSaveRunnable.java:92)
        at org.knime.workbench.editor2.AbstractSaveRunnable.run(AbstractSaveRunnable.java:103)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Any idea about how to deal with this error ?

Hi @renemendes -

This is a strange one. I’m checking internally to see what I can find out. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi again @renemendes -

This message (more or less) means that the current user is, for whatever reason, not allowed to write to the directory - but doesn’t tell us why. It could be a few different things, so maybe check the following:

• Are you sure that you have permissions to write to the directory?
  • Is the directory mounted somehow, or on a remote system?
  • Is the disk full?

Hi, @ScottF.

Thank you for your reply.

All of these things were verified before. There were not permission nor space limitation, and the directory is mounted locally.

Best,
Renê

@ScottF,

This error did not occur again.

Best,

Renê

Hmmmm, quite strange. I’m glad it’s not still a problem. If it does pop up again, please post here so we can try to do a more thorough investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.