Case switch data end node with two inputs

Hello,
I have the nodes to start and end for case switch data. In some situations I have data activated from both inputs of the Case switch data end node which make it fails. Is it possible to deactivate automatically the second input when the first is activated?
In general, I would like to learn how to activate or deactivate a workflow according to the activation from another workflow.
Thanks,

Hi there,

not sure I follow. If you have Case Switch Start node how can you have multiple inputs activated? Can you share some print screen or example workflow?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin

I attach here an example.
It is simply pulling out descriptors from PDB files.
Unfortunately, molconverter fails with certain structures and generate missing or empty cells which cause Knime to crash.
So I put the case structure node to avoid the conversion step and use the orginal uncleaded structures.
In this situation, the Rule engine variable should put a rule to decide if the values generated by the molconverter node are acceptable. I am not sure how I can define the rule here because it depends on the filling of the cells.
Thanks,
test1.knwf (19.7 KB)

Hi there,

think I get it. You can’t use switch logic in this case (whether it is IF Switch or CASE Switch node) cause you are doing switch based on cell value. What you can do is to split your data set on two data sets using one of Splitter nodes. Then on each output apply appropriate logic followed by Concatenate node to join your data set back into one.

SplitterNodes

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.