Change SDK target verion to 4.1/4.2

Hi Community,

maybe someone can help me with the following problem.
I try to change the SDK target version to 4.1/4.2 but every time I change the update site - it fails in updating.

I do the following:

1. select the KNIME-AP-complete.target file
    grafik

2. select update site “https://update.knime.com/analytics-platform/4.1/” and choose 4.1.4 KNIME SDK

3. Reload

->on reload I always get a
grafik
I tried the following from the Setup Guide:

Blockquote Set the API Baseline in Eclipse. The API Baseline ensures that no API breaks are introduced >in new code (by showing an error message in the Eclipse editor when an API break is detected by >Eclipse):

• Go to Window → Preferences → Plug-in Development → API Baseline and Add Baseline...
  • Select A target platform
  • Select KNIME Analytics Platform (3.x release) (which is in the org.knime.sdk.setup project)
  • Click Refresh
  • Give the baseline a meaningful name (e.g. KNIME Analytics Platform (3.x release)) and click OK

But there are no 4.1/4.2 Versions…

What is the correct way to change the target version to older ones?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @AnotherFraudUser,

The best way to switch the release in the knime-sdk-setup repo is to switch to the corresponding branch.
There is one for each release, in your case releases/2019-12 for 4.1 and releases/2020-07 for 4.2. There you’ll find the target platform files preconfigured for that release. BTW the KNIME SDK feature is not really what you to use anyway. Instead take a look at the KNIME-AP.target file for the minimal target definition.

What you can also do, to quickly switch between versions, is to create several target files, one for each version. Just copy them from the corresponding branch into your workspace.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @gab1one,

thanks that worked!
So basically not changing anything in the target files but changing the org.knime.sdk.setup to a different version :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.