Check IN/OUT Workflows

is it possible to check-in and check-out workflows in KNIME locking Workflows?

Hi,
I am not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by check-in and check-out? And what do you mean by “locking workflows”? Encrypted components?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,
I mean , can a user checkout a workflow to make changes / update and another user cannot access the same workflow while it is checked out . so while checked out the workflow is effectively locked
Regards
James

Hi,
I see. Does this refer to KNIME Server or the Analytics Platform? The AP does not support multiple users working concurrently in the same workspace, so here the notion of checking in and out does not really exist. On KNIME Server, you can create a workflow job, which is basically a copy of the original workflow. You can then edit the job and save it as another workflow. To prevent people overwriting each other’s progress, KNIME Server provides snapshotting functionality.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Thanks Alexander, I am referring to KNIME Server …
Regards
James

Hi,
ok! Then I would suggest you use snapshots. You can create one by right clicking on a workflow on the server and select “Create Snapshot”. You can also create one when you upload a workflow to a workflow group where a workflow with that name already exists. KNIME asks you about this in an extra dialog that pops up in that case.
Kind regards
Alexander

Ok thank you Alexander I will give that a go

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.